Victor Harbor Accommodation
Harcourts South Coast Terms and Conditions
TERMS and CONDITIONS
1. This application is accepted subject to any prior booking of the property and the landlord shall be entitled to reject the booking.
2. If payment is by cheque there will be a fee for dishonoured or re-presented cheques.
3. The number of occupants is RESTRICTED to the number specified on this form. Failure to comply with this condition will render the tenancy subject to immediate cancellation and forfeiture of all rental & bond paid.
4. If KEYS ARE LOCKED IN THE PROPERTY OR LOST and a company representative is contacted to issue another set of keys, a $40 call out fee will apply PLUS any necessary costs to re-cut keys or change locks.
5. The tenant shall be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever caused by tenants or guests to the landlord’s property during the term of their tenancy and agrees to pay for any damage, breakages or additional cleaning of premises. Where bond has been paid, such monies shall be applied towards rectification costs.
6. No responsibility whatsoever is taken for the property of the tenant on or near the premises.
7. The tenant must use the designated parking bay only. Do not park on lawns or gardens or interfere with any irrigation systems.
8. Tenancy commences at 2:00 pm on the date of entry and expires at 10:00 am on date of departure unless otherwise stated.
9. Where applicable the tenant shall comply with all Body Corporate rules and regulations and shall not create or permit any noise or nuisance that is likely to interfere with the peaceful enjoyment of any other person occupying adjoining premises.
10. No animals or birds are permitted on any part of the premises. If animals are found to have been on the property during the term of your tenancy you forfeit all rights to the remainder of your tenancy term and any rent or bond that may have been paid. This excludes prior arrangements with the agent and landlord, unless otherwise stated.
11. If you are not at the office at the appointed check in, or at the property at the appointed check out time and it is necessary for our representative to leave the premises and return at a later time, a penalty rate will apply. In the event that our representative must wait for the tenant/s to be checked in or out of the subject property, a fee of $40.00 will apply and will be additionally charged at $40.00 for every hour thereafter.
12. In the event of the tenant cancelling a booking, refund of the deposit will be denied, unless and until the premises are re-let for the total period of the proposed occupancy at the same rent. A service fee of 18.15% of rental paid will be deducted by the agent for the administrative costs of such cancellation and re-booking.
13. The agent has confirmed the initial booking with the landlord. However, in the event that the landlord cannot fulfil the booking date for any reason, the Agent will refund any rental deposit or bond paid by the tenant. The Agent will offer the tenant the option to relocate to another property of a similar standard and location if available at that time.
14. The agent cannot be held responsible for any actions or changes made by the landlord of the premises. In the case of all bookings the description and inventory of the premises supplied by the agent is made in good faith but without acceptance of any responsibility whatsoever for any misdescription or inventory alterations.
15. No liability is accepted in contract for any injury, debt, damage, loss, delay, expense or inconvenience caused directly or indirectly by events beyond the agent or owner’s control, or which are not caused by neglect or default by the agent or owner.
16. The property is to be left in a clean and tidy manner i.e. dishes done & packed away, floors swept/vacuumed, beds made, BBQ clean etc. Additionally all rubbish must be removed from the property upon vacation however recyclables can be left in the yellow lidded bin but do not overfill. Should the cleaner be required to complete extra cleaning above the designated fee or removal of rubbish be required from the premises charges will be deducted from the security bond.
17. Strictly no smoking is permitted inside the rental property or forfeiture of bond will result. All butts to be disposed of appropriately.
18. No caravans or tents are to be erected on any part of the property without prior written consent from the landlord.
19. At all times a person over the age of 18 must reside at the property that will be responsible for all under age tenants or visitors.
20. You must remove all belongings upon vacation. Should the agent be required to return to the premises after your stay to collect an item charges will apply (minimum fee is $20)
We require your contact details in order to create a booking in your name. You will be asked to provide your name, address, phone numbers and email address so that we can stay in touch with regards to the booking arrangements.
We don't share the booking contact information and other details with anyone else under any circumstances, unless we are required to do so for legal reasons. We do not show your email address or any other details on the site.
You contact information will only be used for the purpose for which you provide it, and will not be added to a mailing list unless you request that this be done. We will not disclose it further without your consent or if required to do so for legal reasons.
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site.
Sensitive and private data exchange between the Site and its Users happens over a SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures. Our Site is also in compliance with PCI vulnerability standards in order to create as secure of an environment as possible for Users.
Card Saving Policy
- If you pay by credit card, our reservation system saves those details so that we can automatically process any further payments on your behalf
- Your credit card details are recorded up to 14 days after your departure date. Once the property has been checked for damages, the saved card is removed from our booking system.
- Any claim for extra cleaning or damages charged to your credit card will be itemised including any associated administration costs associated as per our Terms & Conditions and emailed or posted to you accordingly.
- A receipt for the claim will also be forwarded to you.
- If required a tax invoice for the amount of any bond claim will be provided to you by us
- If a cash bond is not sufficient for damage at a property, credit card details may be used to top up any required claim against you